Session I: July 2 – 25, 2019
Session II: August 6 – 29, 2019
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
COST PER SESSION:
Members $750 / Non-Members $850.
Includes DVD and two complimentary show tickets!
Deadline for application: April 1, 2019.
Apply before December 31, 2018 and save $75!
About the camp
For the past 24 summmers, Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance! has attracted hundreds of enthusiastic and talented participants from throughout British Columbia and as far away as Whitehorse, Edmonton, Regina, Yorkton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New York, California, Alabama, Colorado, Virginia, Texas, Austria and Israel.
The camp, which is open to everyone age 9 to 19 who loves to sing, dance, act and perform, focuses on all aspects of musical theatre including vocal technique, the craft of acting, choreography, set construction, make-up, and costuming.
- The FINISHING SCHOOL will again be offered for serious musical theatre students attending Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance!
- The BOOT CAMP DANCE PROGRAM – for those either new to dance or wanting to refine their skills – will also be offered.
In August 2008, the participants in Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance! performed Lionel Ritchie’s All Night Long and What Time Is It from “High School Musical 2” at the opening of the Pacific National Exhibition. In August 2009, the participants performed Side by Side and That’s When the Music Takes Me at a Vancouver Whitecaps game. In August 2010, the participants performed I Gotta Feeling in the PNE Parade. In August 2014, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance!, the participants performed Operator at the Pacific National Exhibition.
For more information about the camp, please contact the Jewish Community Centre at (604) 257-5111 or visit its page at jccgv.com.
In the media
Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance! has been featured in a number of newspaper and magazine articles. Please click on the links below to read some of them:
- Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance! Gotta Apply! – Playboard, Dec/Jan 2018-19
- Gotta celebrate Gotta Sing! – Jewish Independent, 2014
- Vancouver Theatre Camp Celebrates 20 Years Thanks to Uncle Perry – Huffpost British Columbia, July 21, 2014
- Kids get up to speed on theatre magic – Vancouver Sun, Aug. 12, 2010
- Making a case for musical theatre – The Vancouver Courier, August 27, 2008
- Having Fun, building confidence is Ehrlich’s law – Vancouver Sun, August 27, 1997